Tuesday, October 31, 2006

This just in - apparently Music Is Love


One of my failings, and, believe it or not, I have a lot, is that I get over-excited about stuff. Last week I couldn't stop listening to the Tony Lamezma remix of Biology by Girls Aloud. I played it so much I actually imagined myself in a club, walloped on the killer rave drug ecstasy, having it, as they used to say, right off. Or, alternatively, sitting in The Ram shouting about it with Peter.

Of course, I actually watched Emmerdale and went to bed early, but you get the idea.

Anyway, that was last week. Now my attentions have turned to this most beautiful track, the opener to the ragged goon's debut, album, If Only I Could Remember My Name. Frankly, if you can think of a song more redolent of being about 26, enormously rich and enjoying a pie-eyed, late-summer evening surrounded by fairly skimpily dressed totty in your Laurel Canyon home then I would like to hear it.

Enjoy.

David Crosby: Music Is Love (Atlantic, 1971)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am just picturing you in a club going off on Girls Aloud. Now it all starts to make sense.

Big love from everyone at 67 Wood Vale