Friday, June 08, 2007

"The Best Restaurant In London"

So, we ended our day out yesterday with dinner at Locanda Locatelli. To say it was a bit good would be like saying Barry White was a bit big - it wouldn't do it justice. We had calf's foot salad, the selection of meats and salamis with a prosecco to start. The calf's foot involved the most delicious cartlilege / odd white bits you'll ever eat, by the way.

I - ever the adventurer - went for roasted pork and some Montepulciano. Silvana had the octopus spaghetti which she was so overwhelmed by she spent much of the rest of the evening, eyes shining with pleasure, telling me how LL was "the best restaurant in London". And, frankly, I believe her.

Then we had some amazing ice cream - some of which involved Mirto, served with chewy, crunchy biscuits and the like. The coffee was excellent too. As good as Estrella on the South Lambeth Road, which is my touchstone for great coffee (like I know anything). Anyway, we went home on the bus too. Not because there weren't any cabs, just, y'know, for the hell of it. And it was great.

By the way, I stole this picture from their website as our pictures looked terrible. But this is right where we sat...

Book it! Book it now!

4 comments:

Silvana said...

It is the best restaurant in London, no question. We go to a proper white-linen restaurant like this about once year and so I want it to be brilliant. And it was. Firstly the service was amazing. And the food was even better. They even made one of the salamis themselves! How often do get offered a home-made salami? I'll tell you - never! And the bill? Just over £100 and worth twice as much. Loved it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Robert is so romantic he could teach husbands (mine) a thing or two about how to show the wife a good night out

dulwichmum said...

I really will. I shall book it now.

David Hepworth said...

Yesterday I discovered that Mrs Locatelli is Plaxy. She used to be the secretary on New Sounds New Styles. She was about 19 at the time. We worked together when I was on Smash Hits.