Friday, March 28, 2008

Salsa Verde

Me and Scrap took a trip to Moxon's and chose a fish each for lunch yesterday - me a sea bream and him a mackerel. While we in there I bumped into someone from Derby who I haven't seen since I was 18. And he's lived up the road from me here in East Dulwich for years. I love it when things like that happen.

keeps in the fridge for ages and is good with both grilled fish and meat
2 - 3 big handfuls flat parsley leaves
4 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained
2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
1 shallot , roughly chopped
juice of 1 lemon
4 – 6 tbsp good olive oil

Place the parsley leaves, anchovy fillets, capers and onion in a mini food processor and whiz until finely chopped. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and whiz again then season with black pepper.

No comments: