Friday, May 01, 2009

These Three New Records Are Quite Nice

Astrid Williamson: Take My Breath Away (One Little Indian, 2009)
Astrid is just the right side of Dido-esque, Radio 2 cheeseology, She's also from the Shetland Isles, but lives in Brighton. I've listened to this track four times today already and, to be honest, I'm meant to be doing something else.

Ill Logic & Raf: Darkness at Noon (Bingo, 2009)
A pair of blokes - literally. This is refreshingly classic sounding, deeply melodic junglist business. And I like it very, very much indeed. The album - of the same name - is out middle of May and it's bloody great! No, really!

Swimming: Panthlassa (Russian Linesman mix) (Colourschool, 2009)
I know NOTHING about SWIMMInG (cUtE!), but I know what I like. And I like this a lot. Well, I like the remix a lot. What that proves, I don't know.

BONUS "OLD" RECORD POST
The Waterboys: She Tried To Hold Me (14th Floor, 2007)
This popped up out of nowhere this morning and I can't stop playing it. I love every single thing about this record.

1 comment:

James Franco said...

I like the jungle track very muchly.