Friday, November 07, 2008

This New Record Is Literally Quite Good

The Monocult: A Sign (Pink Liquid, 2008)
This is a record has a boring sleeve. But the music is fantastic. Like, really quite surprisingly fantastic. I had moved The Monocult's record (quietly) to the Not Today pile (I blame the boring sleeve), then got a call asking me give it a listen. Thank you caller. No, really, thank you, as I have now played the damnable thing about twelve times and it has received the office accolade of being known as "The Single Greatest Record Ever Made", a title previously bestowed on the last Burial album and Tony Lamezma's remix of Biology - so it's in exalted company. Anyhoo, A Sign makes me think of Talk Talk and Pentangle and the Amplive mixes of Radiohead and, frankly, that's goood enough for me. The album - Maybe We Should - doesn't exist on the internet yet, so if you like this anything as much as I do, why don't you email them and ask them where you can buy it? Or send them links to filthy websites. Your choice, innit.

No comments: