Friday, June 20, 2008

This New Record Is Literally Quite Good

Pete Greenwood: Sirens (Heavenly, 2008)
Guitarist with The Loose Salute and Mojave 3 - one of my most favourite pop groups of, oh dear, all time - Pete Greenwood not only writes nice songs, he also has precisely the sort of hair I'd like to have if I could grow my hair like that (though, tbh, I might wash it a bit more). These things are important, I feel. Anyway, this is, literally, quite good (if you like gently thrummed acousto gripe-a-thons anything like as much as I do). I imagine Pete living in a farmhouse somewhere, smoking Golden Virginia (or perhaps Drum), drinking cider and sitting round open fires a lot contemplating stuff. Nice "work" if you can get it. Anyway, his album is also called Sirens and it's out in July. It doesn't exist on the internet yet, so here's some Homeric sirens and here's some more Pete.

No comments: