Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm Quite Excited About This To Be Honest

The Pentangle: I Loved A Lass (BBC Session, 1969)

Now, I've written, probably too much, about The Pentangle here before, but, the point is this. I'm interviewing them next Monday somewhere near the Barbican and it will be the original line-ups first interview together (barring Danny, who'll only be interviewed on the phone) since 1972. When I was 3.

They have reformed in order to appear at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards and if you can't hear me shouting drunkenly all the way through the broadcast then it's safe to assume Jacqui McShee has had me killed.

Anyway, this track is taken from the band's new 4CD retrospective, The Time Has Come and those are the honeyed tones of the very marvellous Brian Matthew giving them such a fantastically modish introduction.

Enjoy!

No comments: