Friday, October 10, 2008

New Music Friday

Extrawelt: Homing (Cocoon Recordings, 2008)
I get sent a lot of electronic music, most of which I try to listen to and a lot of which just leaves me a bit, ahem, cold. I've done my time in the electronic dungeon and, to be honest, I'm quite happy up here with the beard-wearers these days, but this is a bit good. Extrawelt are two blokes from Germany and their record is, literally, quite nice. This track is even more than quite nice tho', it makes me want to stand in a dark room, very late at night, feeling tremendously woozy and I don't often get that feeling anymore. Thank you Extra chaps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob
Not sure you’ll see this in time, so apologies, but just wanted to say I’m doing a few songs at 'Come Down and Meet the Folks' tomorrow (Sun) afternoon in case you’re around. Should be fun, other good bands too. www.comedownandmeetthefolks.co.uk
take care,
Dan (Hollowbody)
p.s. i'll check out this electro stuff.. it's been a while for me too.