Wednesday, October 08, 2008

This New Record Is Literally Quite Good

Avrocar: Soft Lightning (Make Mine Music, 2008)
I should probably point out that that isn't what the band Avrocar look like, that would be silly, wouldn't it? No, that's an actual Avrocar, a device which was intended to exploit the Coandă effect to provide lift and thrust from a single "turborotor" blowing exhaust out the rim (we've all been there, right?). No, this Avrocar are some English chaps who love Kraftwerk and My Bloody Valentine and Nick Drake and are - oh yes! - signed to the same label as Epic45 and July Skies. The album is rather nice too...

2 comments:

BLTP said...

I have strong suspiscion this lp was recorded just for me not only do I love the Epics and the Julies but redundant flying stuff yes please.

http://nostalgia4dafuture.blogspot.com/2008/09/jobs-for-spaceboys.html

Rob said...

I only post things that I believe in my heart will pass the BLTP test, you know that!