Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hello Old Thing, Hello New Thing: 19

Bud Shank: I Am The Walrus (World Pacific, 1968)
This little gem has been purloined wholesale from the very, very wonderful Funky16 Corners' Beatles covers mix. I played this in the office and someone suggested it sounded like something you might hear down in the bowels of the Northern Line. But I sort of like that about it. Anyway, there is so much to enjoy - get over there now and get yourself the full album of niceness. Uh-may-zing.


Stars: My Favourite Book (City Slang, 2007)
I can tell you almost nothing about Stars that will improve your enjoyment of this song. They are from Montreal, are beloved of American indie-nerds and this album has, apparently, already leaked on-line (yow!), so I feel this much better about posting this track. Anyhoo, this song's lovely. Really nice vocal and all that stuff. We were talking about Stars this morning and came to the conclusion that - as in most bands - when the clever bloke shuts up and lets the pretty lady sing another one things start to improve rapidly...

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Pad said...

i cant believe crisps only have 2%