Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Green Cuisine

When Green Cuisine opened up on Lorship Lane about six months ago I was half disappointed as I'd always fancied opening a shop on that stretch myself and half very excited, lets face it, I was never going to do it and blimey, do we need a cookware shop in East Dulwich.

I don't complain often, in fact nowhere near often enough - we've all been trained to accept poor service or badly cooked food as speaking out rarely gets a satisfactory outcome and you know, we don't like to cause a fuss. But that shop is so absolutely rubbish I feel ready to go in and take that bloke on for a proper barney. It is so poor! For a start he answers the phone like a grumpy adolescent so you think you have the wrong number, it doesn't open until 10am, if you go in the shop, the girls don't even stop their chat to look at you and baring in mind that I'm probably the only 'customer' that's walked through the door for the last 2 hours, you'd think they could make a tiny bit of effort but most irritatingly of all, it doesn't actually sell any of the things a cook might need. "I need a 2 litre pudding basin, do you have one?" Nope, will a soup bowl do? No, it won't. Next time I go in, my scales have broken during a baking session. I'll take any style, don't care how much. Nope. No scales. In a cookware shop. Today, first week in November and it's time to make the Christmas Cake. I can't find my tin, could be anywhere so I give them a call. "Do you have a square 18cm cake tin?" No. "No square tins, some rounds ones but not very big" Brilliant! Because no-one round here will be baking cakes, not in November eh??
A cookware shop that doesn't sell cake tins, pudding bowls or kitchen scales!!! Not good enough by a long long way.

10 comments:

Clair said...

And in six months time they'll close down, blaming apathy from the local population who have failed to support their local traders. I hate it when people open shops, and have no idea of what they're selling, or the concept of 'service'. I live in Crouch End, and the shops are, without doubt, marvellous. Of course, rates and rents are rising, and I doubt if some of these fine local shops will be here in a few years time.

BLTP said...

nothing wrong with complaining, Also you'd sort of hope some one in a cook wear shop might recognise someone who appears on cookery shows! ( I know you weren't doing the "do you know who I am thing") also what did they have?

Anonymous said...

The shop next to the locksmiths on LL, near to 'Gourmet' Burger Kitchen is great for cake tins, baking trays, basters, graters, cutters etc. Cheap, too.

Heidi said...

that really is rubbish! your shop would have been a lot nicer.

Jon Peake said...

It's clearly a front for something. Money laundering or a Man From UNCLE-type secret organisation. Hence the lack of stock. What other explanation could there be for a cookware shop have no cookware?

A bit like the jewellers in Battersea Park Road.

Rob said...

*smells intrigue*

Valentine Suicide said...

You might smell intrigue mate. Doesn't look like you'll be smelling Christmas cake anytime soon though.

Rob said...

innit :(

Anonymous said...

The reason it's not busy is because anyone with any sense goes to AJ Farmers up the road (aka theshopthatsellseverything) where you can get all (and I mean all) your cookware needs at a fraction of the price charged by that ponceteria Greens

Silvana said...

Yep, A J Farmers, next to Locksmiths is brilliant. They do brilliant enamel pie dishes in every size for a couple of quid and they stock pudding basins. And kitchen scales.