Friday, November 09, 2007

Best Restaurant In London

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall: Piggy-raising, chicken-loving, fish-catching, corkscrew haired pin-up chap for the back-to-nature generation in a Landcroft House exclusive!

"My favourite place to eat in London is definitely St John. I’m not in London that often, so when I am I tend to want to go for a definite hit rather than risk something new. That doesn't make me sound terribly exciting or adventurous does it? But it’s true. I like Scott’s too – Mark Hix has a reverence for seafood that I really relate to. But I’m a great admirer of Fergus Henderson and his idea of nose-to-tail eating. St John has been – and continues to be – an inspiration to me..."

© our lawyer is watching (telly)

4 comments:

Jon Peake said...

I wouldn't say it was my absolute favourite, but I did have some lovely marrowbone on toast there, scraped out of the bone by hand. Mmm. I love offal.

Rob said...

I had a fantastic lunch there a few months ago - but I fancy a crack at Scott's now...

Mondo said...

Not for me I just couldn't manage offal, but am tempted with Sausage and Mash nearby and Dino's Grill about 100 yards south of St John with the choice of "bitch chips or butch chips"

marmiteboy said...

I've wanted to eat at St John ever since I saw Anthony Bourdain do a programme segment from there. The bone marrow on toast looks fab. I love offal particularly stuffed hearts and an expolsively hot Nigerian pepper soup an ex girlfirend's best mate used to cook. It had tripe, ox tail or cows foot in it and was sublime.