Monday, November 19, 2007

Hang On, This Record Is Good Too...

The Autumn Defense: Feel You Now (Broken Horse, 2007)
I know you don't spell "defence" like that, but these people are from Chicago and they don't know how to spell there. Anyway, this record is fantastic, lushly produced and full of hugely lovable pieces of what is best described as melodic soft rock. To be honest, it makes me wish I had some Bread albums. There are - at least - another five tracks as good (or, if you prefer, bad) as this on the album. I think it's great, but you probably worked that out for yourself already.

Bonus Chicago Fact: Silvana and I went to Chicago once. We had a Chicago "pizza pie" in what was recommended as the best "pizza pie" place in the city. It was revolting.

3 comments:

Silvana said...

It was so revolting. A pastry case full of tomato puree and some cubes of tasteless cheese. Pizza Pie!

Rob said...

And don't forget the "wine" :(

BLTP said...

I must admit I wasn't that impressed with pizza in New York we went to "must try" place and it was bland tasteless and greasy