Sunday, November 05, 2006

Chicken and chorizo rice



I know we’re not meant to prick sausages anymore but I nearly always do, especially fresh chorizo. I want all the lovely smokey juices to come out and mingle with the rest of the ingredients. For lunch today, I pricked the sausages Robert came home with yesterday and sat them in a big tin with six skin-on and bone-in chicken thighs and a few chunks of fresh tomato and roasted them for 25 minutes. While that was going on, I boiled the kettle and made up some chicken stock with a Kallo organic cube and a couple of teaspoons of smoked paprika. I tipped a couple of mugs full of basmati rice into the pan and then poured in enough stock to come about 1 – 2 cm above the rice then put it back in for about half an hour until the rice was fluffed. A quick squeeze of lemon juice and it was ready to eat.

No comments: