Monday, November 13, 2006

The Swan Inn



We went to visit Robert's parents in Sussex this weekend. During a conversation we were having in the car on our way there, I realised that as Robert doesn’t like liver, I haven’t eaten it for nearly 10 years. So I was very pleased to see it on the menu at The Swan Inn (positioned near the duck pond in the chocolate-box village of Chiddingfold) when we called in about half an hour later. I was obviously meant to have it. It came with lots of bacon, mash and onion gravy and it was very very nicely cooked. I can’t stand it too pink (as far as I can remember) but this wasn’t, it was soft and juicy. Best of all was probably Scrap’s home-baked-ham, fried egg and skinny chips (out of the freezer but very crispy). I’d definitely go again but next time, we’re leaving Fabio with his grandparents and staying for the weekend.

No comments: